Wednesday 2 February 2011

whats Arty then?

So this is pretty strange, just began this blog as an outlet for the rants that go on inside my litle art school brain. So here it is... blog number one:

Today, first day back we were asked about "What makes a great artist?" to which there were many were thought out, considerate answers, typical arty farty question really, not really a question so much as a topic for an argument. I tend to get frustrated by these questions and I don't know why in art school we are asked them so often, yes, it is important to know what you feel is important in your practice and blah de blah but I just find it all a bit too... arty, and please dont ask me to define "arty"! I think that being surrounded by people so keen on art is a bit scary and sometimes they feel the need to question absolutelyeverysinglelittlething! Sometime art is good because it just is.
Similarly, I'm asked questions like "What is Art?" by people or "What makes art good?" or "Write an essay about the process of writing an essay"  what??!!!! Jeezo, it's all a bit too hippy for me. The sort of answers im likely to give are sarcastic ones and the sort of essays I'm likely to write don't make me sound as though I've swallowed a dictionary but that's just where I am just now, pretty stubborn.


First blog.. pretty vague.

No comments:

Post a Comment